What is SATELLITE PTT?
SATELLITE PTT (Push-To-Talk) is a two-way radio system that uses the Iridium® satellite network. It can be used as a communication tool in remote, isolated areas where there are no mobile phones or landline network infrastructure. Even if terrestrial network infrastructure is rendered unusable by human or natural disasters, SATELLITE PTT can provide a stable back-up, independent from other networks.
Unlike satellite phones, IC-SAT100 users can immediately start talking to all the radios in the same talkgroup, with just a push of the transmit (PTT) button.
Wide Area Global Communications
The Iridium® satellite network covers the entire earth, including both poles, and can provide wide area global communications anywhere on the planet*.
* Depending on the country or region, carrying and/or use of the IC-SAT100 may be prohibited.
Real-Time, Low-Latency Communication
Using 66 Low Earth Orbit (LEO) Iridium® satellites, the IC-SAT100 provides low-latency communication, and broader, more reliable network coverage, compared to Geosynchronous Equatorial Orbit (GEO) satellites.
Built-in Emergency Key
The orange key on the top panel can be used for emergency situations. You can transmit an emergency call to preprogrammed users with holding down the key.
Waterproof, Dust-tight and Durable Body
The IC-SAT100 provides IP67 waterproofing (1 m depth of water for 30 minutes) and dust-tight protection, making it ideal for use in harsh outdoor environments. The radio also meets MIL-STD 810G specifications. The operating temperature range is from –30°C to +60°C (–22 °F to 140 °F).
In-Vehicle or In-Building Use
With the AH-40 optional antenna, you can use the IC-SAT100 in the vehicle (by attaching it to the roof) or building (by placing outside a window). The IC-SAT100 has Bluetooth® capability, and allows hands-free operation while driving.
* Product image for illustration purposes only.
1500 mW Powerful Audio
1500 mW audio delivered from the internal speaker provides loud and clear communication, even in noisy environments.
Long Lasting Battery Life
The supplied BP-300 Li-ion battery pack provides 14.5 hours of operation.
* Approximate. Operating periods are calculated under the following conditions. TX : RX : standby = 5 : 5 : 90
The IC-SAT100 provides secure conversations with AES 256-bit encryption.
Conventional Radios and IP Phones Interconnection
With a VE-PG4 RoIP gateway, the IC-SAT100 can interconnect with an IP phone, IP, LTE, IDAS digital* and analog transceivers.
* Type-D multi-site trunking and conventional systems.
- Short Data Message function
- Voice Recording function
- Multiple language display (English, Chinese, French, Japanese, and Spanish)
- Built-in Bluetooth®
- Integrated GPS receiver shows a received position information on the display
- SMA type antenna connector for an external antenna
- AquaQuake™ function clears any water ingress that may penetrate the speaker grill of the unit
- USB charging (USB Micro-B type)